BEHIND THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE
Highlights of tour
✔ Ride like local in Delhi
✔ Elephant ride to ascend the fort
✔ Colorful bazaars of Jaipur
✔ Heena painting in Jaipur
✔ Taj Mahal by dawn
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 01: Arrive Delhi By International Flight
- You will arrive at the Capital city of India “Delhi”. After clearing immigration and other formalities at the airport you will be met by our representative at arrival hall terminal where you will find many people paging for their guests. Out of them you will find our representative holding a placard with your name written on it. He will assist and escort you to your vehicle.
- Post warm welcome, you will be transferred to your hotel, where our representative will complete all check-in formalities and handover the room keys to you.
- The rest of day will be at leisure for independent activities / overcome Jetlag.
Day 02: In Delhi (Local sightseeing tour)
- Breakfast will be served at your hotel.
- Explore Old Delhi in the first half of the day. The sightseeing tour will begin with visit to Emperors. Later proceed for visit to The Jama Masjid (mosque) and enjoy the rickshaw ride on busy roads of Chandni Chowk. Also drive past Old Fort
- The next half day will be reserved for visit to New Delhi. Start with Qutub Minar, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Delhi, The Qutub Minar is constructed with red sandstone and marble, and is the tallest minaret in India, with a height of 72.5 meters. It contains 379 stairs and the base diameter is 14.3 meters and it narrows to 2.7 meters at the last storey. Your next stop will be Humayun’s Tomb. During the drive you will pass Connaught place, India gate, Rastrapati Bhawan (President’s House) and some other important building.
Day 03: Delhi - Jaipur (05 hours by road)
- Breakfast will be served at your hotel.
- Today you will be driven to Pink city “Jaipur”. The drive will be for approx. 5 hours. You can enjoy the midway breaks in between to click some rare countryside photographs.
- Upon arrival in Jaipur, proceed for check-in at your hotel and relax for a while. You will enjoy the lunch at your hotel.
- Rest of the day will be at leisure to relax and to pursue independent activities.
Day 04: Jaipur (Local sightseeing tour)
- Early in the morning you will be taken to Amber Fort, enroute to which you will enjoy the visit to Hawa Mahal (Palace on wind). At the entrance gate you will be provided with Elephant, climb as he will ascend and take you to the fort. You will return by foot.
- Post Amber Fort visit, you will be taken to visit City Palace, which includes the Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal palaces and other buildings. It was the seat of the Maharaja of Jaipur, the head of the Kachwaha Rajput clan. The Chandra Mahal palace now houses a museum but the greatest part of it is still a royal residence.
- Post visit you will be taken to local restaurant where you will be served with mouth watering Rajasthani Cuisine.
- You will also visit Observatory (Jantar Mantar) and Birla Temple. If time permits, you can also enjoy the local bazaars (markets) in which you will find all shops painted in pink color.
Day 05: Jaipur - Ramathara (04 hours by road)
- Post breakfast you will be driven to Ramathra (approx. 04 hours). On arrival proceed for check-in at your room.
- This massive fort’s name Ramathra honours Lord Rama, who, it is believed, camped here while on his epic journey to Lanka.
- Enjoy the fort stay and day at leisure or enjoy the visit to lake nearby.
Day 06: Ramathara - Agra (Via Fatehpur Sikri)
- Post breakfast you will be driven to land of Taj “Agra” enroute visiting Fatehpur Sikri (approx.. 04 hours), the deserted red sandstone city, built by the Great Mughal Emperor Akbar as his capital and palace in the late 16th century. Fatehpur Sikri (the City of Victory) was the capital of the Mughal Empire for only some 10 years.
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- Later you will also visit Agra Fort – World heritage monument.
Day 07: Agra – Chambal – Agra ( 02 hours by road)
- Post early breakfast you will be driven to Chambal (approx.. 02 hours each way).
- On arrival a river safari will be arranged. The calm and gentle waters of the Chambal River are best explored on boats and the River Safari provides spectacular opportunities to view the wildlife. The boatmen are exceptionally skilled at cutting the boat engines, and maneuvering as close to the birds and animals as possible without disturbing them. Trained naturalists accompany visitors and provide expert information on the Chambal wildlife. The River Safari is a most relaxing, enjoyable and special experience.
- Later enjoy your lunch at Chambal Lodge.
- Return back to Agra in the late afternoon / early evening and relax after a long day.
Day 08: Agra – Delhi (04 hours by road)
- Early morning you will be taken to world’s famous Taj Mahal. Tonga (horse carriage) will be waiting midway to take you upto nearest gates of Taj Mahal. Any book or words cannot describe this monument of love. Taj Mahal (Closed on Friday) was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan as an expression of his love for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- Return back to your hotel for breakfast and check-out. Drive back to Delhi (approx.. 4 to 4 ½ hours) en-route visit Sikandra a which is located just on the outskirts of Agra city.
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel for an overnight stay before flying back home
Day 09: Departure Delhi (By International Flight)
- Today you will be transferred to airport to board the flight back home.