FROM THE WESTERN GHATS TO COAST
Highlights of tour
✔ Visit of Mysore Palace
✔ Toy train ride through the Beautiful Valley of Nilgiri
✔ Witness the age old dance form Kathakali
✔ Experience the overnight stay in Traditional Kerala Houseboat
✔ Enjoy the beautiful coast of southern India
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 01: Arrive Bengaluru (By International flight)
- You will arrive at Bengaluru’s International Airport. After clearing immigration and other formalities at the airport you will be met by our representative at arrival hall terminal where you will find many people paging for their guests. Out of them you will find our representative holding a placard with your name written on it. He will assist and escort you to your vehicle.
- Post warm welcome, you will be transferred to your hotel, where our representative will complete all check-in formalities and handover the room keys to you.
- Later after quick wash and change proceed for half day sightseeing tour of Bangalore city. Your tour of the garden city will begin with a visit to Lalbagh – the botanical garden spread over 240 acres and having a wide variety of exotic trees and plants. You will than visit The Vidhan Soudha- that houses the State Legislative assembly and part of the secretariat, and Tipu Sultan’s Palace-, which was constructed between 1781- 1791 and was once the summer residence of Tipu Sultan. Finally you will visit the Bull Temple – believed to have been constructed in the 16th century, has been carved out of a single granite block.
Day 02: Bengaluru – Mysore (03 ½ hrs by road)
- Post breakfast you will be driven to Mysore (approx. / 3 ½ hours) enroute stopping at Srirangapatna, The town takes its name from the celebrated Ranganathaswamy temple which dominates the town, making Srirangapattana one of the most important Vaishnavite centers of pilgrimage in south India.
- After visit continue your drive to Mysore and on arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- In the evening you would be driven to the outskirt of the city to see the illuminated Brindavan Gardens which is one of the best gardens in South India. Spread over 150 acres, Brindavan Gardens has since the 1960s provided the backdrop for many Indian films.
Day 03: Mysore – Ooty (03-04 hrs by road)
- The breakfast will be served at your hotel. Later proceed for visit to Maharaja’s Palace, at the heart of the city. It is a veritable treasure trove of exquisite carvings and works of art from the world over. Built in Indo-Saracenic style with domes, turrets, arches and colonnades, the Palace is a treasure house of exquisite carvings and works of art from all over the world.
- Later you will be driven to Ooty (approx.. 126 kms / 03-04 hours) which is also called as ‘queen of hills’. On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- Udhagamandalam better known as Ooty is the district capital of the Nilgiris district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Ooty is situated deep within the Nilgiri hills (which can be literally translated as The Blue Mountains).
- Rest of the day will be at leisure to enjoy the scenic beauty of local area.
Day 04: Ooty – Mettupalayam (By Toy Train)
- Enjoy the breakfast at your hotel and rest of the morning will be at leisure.
- Later in the afternoon, you will board the toy train for Mettupalayam. The toy train ride takes you through beautiful range of Nilgiri mountains and one can truly sense the beauty created by the almighty. It has the steepest track in Asia with a maximum gradient
- Arrive Mettupalayam by early evening and drive straight to Coimbatore (approx.. 01 hour).
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel and relax.
Day 05: Coimbatore
- The day will be at leisure to enjoy the majestic sceneries of Coimbatore. The vehicle will be available for you to explore the local area around.
Day 06: Coimbatore – Cochin (04-05 hrs by road)
- Enjoy the breakfast at your hotel.
- Today you will be driven to Cochin (approx.. 210 / 04-05 hours).
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- In the evening, you will be taken to a Kathakali dance centre where you will witness the most elaborate of the dance forms in southern India. Here you will witness the artists readying themselves up with the make up for the final performance. Kerala owes its transnational fame to this nearly 300 years old classical dance form, which combines facets of ballet, opera, masque and the pantomime.
Day 07: Cochin – Mararikulam (1 ½ hrs by road)
- Post breakfast enjoy the tour of Cochin city. Your city tour will begin with the visit to Mattancherry and visit the oldest Jewish Synagogue (Closed on Fridays Saturdays & All the Jewish holidays) in India, built in 1568; it was destroyed by the Portuguese and rebuilt by the Dutch a century later. You will also visit The Dutch Palace – which was built in 1555 and its coronation hall and murals at Ramayana are noteworthy features. Your next stop will be Francis Church, originally named after Santo Antonio and dedicated to him as the Patron Saint of Portugal, St. Francis Church is the first church to have been in the new European influenced tradition. Originally a wooden building was replaced by the present stone building.
- Later you will be driven to Mararikulam which is located at a short distance of 50 kms which can be covered in 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- On arrival proceed for check-in at The Marari beach resort. Marari is situated in one of the picturesque fishing villages that dot the lovely coastline. Set on the beach is the newly opened Marari Beach Resort built on a 30-acre coconut palm grove on the seacoast between Alleppey and Cochin. It has all the comforts one would expect in a First Class resort.
Day 08 & 09: Mararikulam
- Both days will be at leisure to relax in Mararikulam
Day 10: Mararikulam – Alleppey (By surface / houseboat)
- Enjoy the breakfast at the hotel and rest of the morning is at leisure.
- Later today you will embark your houseboat which will sail down gently on the backwaters of Kerala.
- The backwaters are a chain of brackish lagoons and lakes lying parallel to the Arabian Sea coast. The network includes five large lakes linked by canals, both manmade and natural, fed by 38 rivers, and extending virtually half the length of Kerala state. In the midst of this beautiful landscape there are a number of towns. Alleppey is one such town and the Rice Barge cruises through its narrow canals, rivers and a lake is on every Kerala itinerary.
- Houseboats are also known as the “Kettuvallam” or the Rice Boat. Kettuvallam ride can be the most romantic ride you can ever have with a night halt in the middle of the lake Vembanad Lake/canal. A backwater comprises of a unique web of rivers, lakes, bays, lagoons and canals extending into the villages and town of the city.
- Enjoy your lunch on board houseboat. After lunch day will be free to relax on board houseboat & experience the tranquility of backwaters.
Day 11: Alleppey – Kovalam (04 hrs by road)
- Breakfast is onboard the houseboat.
- Later goodbye your crew members and disembark at Alleppey boat jetty from where you will be driven further south to Kovalam beach (approx.. 160 kms / 4 hours)
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel / rest and remainder of the day will be at leisure to enjoy on the beach or near the poolside of your resort.
- Looking inland from the blue waters of the Arabian Sea, the Kovalam shoreline appears as a gently curving beach fringed by tall swaying palms. Kovalam is situated just outside Trivandrum and is so perfect a beach, it’s almost a picture postcard cliché: age old black rocks, towering palms, sands and gentle surf. On the long beach are natural enclaves made by the rocks that rise from almost the sea line.
Day 12: Kovalam – Kanyakumari – Kovalam (03 hrs one way by road)
- Today you will proceed for excursion trip to Kanyakumari (approx. 3 hours one way) formerly called as Cape Comorin is located on the most southern tip of south India. The place takes its name from the goddess Devi Kanya Kumari, considered to be a sister of Kṛṣṇa. Women pray to her for marriage. The goddess is believed to be the one who removes the rigidity of our mind.
- Return back to your hotel after visit.
Day 13: Departure Trivandrum By: International flight
- Today you will be transferred to Trivandrum airport (30 minutes) to board the flight for back home.