IN SEARCH OF BIG CATS
Highlights of tour
✔ Ride like local in Delhi
✔ Taj Mahal by dawn
✔ Orchha Fort
✔ Erotic Temple of Khajuraho
✔ Enjoy the game drive at Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Pench where the wildlife sighting
✔ Best price guarantee
Day 01: Arrive in Delhi (International flight)
- You will arrive at the Capital city of India “Delhi”. After clearing immigration and other formalities at the airport you will be met by our representative at arrival hall terminal where you will find many people paging for their guests. Out of them you will find our representative holding a placard with your name written on it. He will assist and escort you to your vehicle.
- Post warm welcome, you will be transferred to your hotel, where our representative will complete all check-in formalities and handover the room keys to you.
- The rest of day will be at leisure for independent activities / overcome Jetlag.
Day 02: In Delhi (Local sightseeing tour)
- Breakfast will be served at your hotel.
- Explore Old Delhi in the first half of the day. The sightseeing tour will begin with visit to Emperors. Later proceed for visit to The Jama Masjid (mosque) and enjoy the rickshaw ride on busy roads of Chandni Chowk. Also drive past Old Fort
- The next half day will be reserved for visit to New Delhi. Start with Qutub Minar, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Delhi, The Qutub Minar is constructed with red sandstone and marble, and is the tallest minaret in India, with a height of 72.5 meters. It contains 379 stairs and the base diameter is 14.3 meters and it narrows to 2.7 meters at the last storey. Your next stop will be Humayun’s Tomb. During the drive you will pass Connaught place, India gate, Rastrapati Bhawan (President’s House) and some other important building.
Day 03: Delhi – Agra (04 hours by road)
- Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel.
- Today you will be driven to city of Taj “Agra”. The drive will be for approx. 4 hours. You can enjoy the midway breaks in between to click some rare countryside photographs.
- Upon arrival in Agra, proceed for check-in at your hotel and relax for a while. You will enjoy the lunch at your hotel.
- Post lunch you will proceed for sightseeing tour of Agra city. First you will visit Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The fort can be more accurately described as a walled city. After the First Battle of Panipat, in 1526 Mughal captured the fort and a vast treasure – which included a diamond (Koh-I-Noor), was seized.
- Later you will be taken to Mehtab Bagh from where you will get the best glimpse of Taj mahal to click the best posed Taj Mahal.
Day 04: Agra – Jhansi – Khajuraho (By: Express Train / Surface)
- Post early breakfast you will be transferred to Agra Cantt. Railway station to board the Shatabdi express train for Jhansi 0817/1048 hrs
- On arrival at Jhansi meet and assist railway station and drive to Khajuraho (180 Kms / 4 hours) en-route stopping at Orchha visiting Orccha Fort or Raja Mahal – work on the Raja Mahal was started by Raja Rudra Pratap, but he died in 1531, leaving the construction incomplete. His son, Bharti Chand, completed the front and the main portion of the palace, but could not complete the building during his lifetime. The final touches to the Raja Mahal were added by one of the most prominent rulers of Orchha, Madhukar Shah built several other monuments in the town as well.
- After visit continue your drive to Khajuraho and on arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
Day 05: Khajuraho– Bandhavgarh (06 hours by road)
- Post early breakfast you will proceed for half day sightseeing tour of Khajuraho visiting the famous Western group of temples. Among the western group of temples, the most famous is the Kandariya Mahadev temple, 32 meters high with a fantastic range of sculptures including sensuous themes. Also visit Eastern group of temples, which represent some of the finest examples of temple architecture in Northern India. The remote location of Khajuraho meant that the temples were unharmed by Muslim invaders and as a result, the intricately fine carvings are in very good condition and are said to represent life in heaven.
- Later leave for Bandhavgarh, Fantastic Park. The drive will be of 230 kms and may take us upto 5-6 hours. On arrival check-in at your lodge / hotel and relax for remainder of the day.
Day 06 & 07: Bandhavgarh
- Today the Bandhavgarh National Park is a compact reserve (448 sq. km) of Sal trees, bamboo thickets and grasslands, teeming with birds and animals and the highest population of tigers anywhere in India. The park is now home to 22 species of wildlife, including the regal ‘gaur’, umpteen varieties of deer, and carnivores such as the striped hyena, jungle cat and sloth bear and over 250 species of birds. Within the park itself is the Bandhavgarh Fort, now in ruins and largely overrun by the surrounding forest.
Day 08: Bandhavgarh – Kanha (06 hous by road)
- We will leave early today for Kanha, another dense forest. The drive will be of approx..245 kms and may take us upto 6 hours.
- Kanha’s sal and bamboo forests, rolling grasslands and meandering streams stretch over 940 sq km in dramatic natural splendour which form the core of the Kanha Tiger Reserve created in 1974 under Project Tiger. The park is the only habitat of the rare hardground Barasingha (Cervus Duvaceli Branderi).
- Remainder of the day at leisure to relax after long drive
- Overnight stay at the Lodge / hotel
Day 09 & 10: Kanha
- We will have morning & afternoon jeep safaris in the park on both days.
- Kanha is an outstanding national park and wildlife reserve of Central India, noted for its last remaining population of the hard-ground race of the Swamp Deer (approximately 380). Spotting wild animals is always a matter of luck, but Kanha is so rich in wildlife that the odds are titled in your favour. Most people are keener to meet Kanha’s most famous citizen: the Tiger. There are a healthy numbers of the Tiger found over here, which may be seen during the day, and is one of the best places left to see them.
Day 11: Kanha – Pench (04 hours by road)
- Today after breakfast leave for the third forest Pench (approx.. 160 kms / 04 hours).
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel / lodge for next two days to search the big beautiful cats.
Day 12: Pench
- Enjoy the morning and afternoon game drives to Pench national park.
- Pench is especially famous for large herds of Gaur (Indian Bison), Cheetal, Sambar, Nilgai, Wild Dog and Wild Pig. The key predator is the Tiger followed by Leopard, Wild Dog and Wolf.
Day 13: Pench – Nagpur airport – Delhi (By Domestic Flight)
- Today you will be transferred to Nagpur airport (approx.. 170 kms / 3 ½ hours) to board the late afternoon flight for Delhi.
- On arrival in Delhi, meet and assist at airport and transferred to your hotel for an overnight stay before flying back home.
Day 14: Departure Delhi (By: International flight)
- Today you will be transferred to international airport to board the flight back home.