ROMANCING THE TAJ
Highlights of tour
✔ Ride like local in Delhi
✔ Elephant ride to ascend the fort
✔ Colorful bazaars of Jaipur
✔ Heena painting in Jaipur
✔ TajMahal by dawn
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 1: Arrive in Delhi (International flight)
- You will arrive at the Capital city of India “Delhi”. After clearing immigration and other formalities at the airport you will be met by our representative at arrival hall terminal where you will find many people paging for their guests. Out of them you will find our representative holding a placard with your name written on it. He will assist and escort you to your vehicle.
- Post warm welcome, you will be transferred to your hotel, where our representative will complete all check-in formalities and handover the room keys to you.
- The rest of day will be at leisure for independent activities / overcome Jetlag.
Day 2: In Delhi (Local sightseeing tour)
- Breakfast will be served at your hotel.
- Explore Old Delhi in the first half of the day. The sightseeing tour will begin with visit to Emperors. Later proceed for visit to The Jama Masjid (mosque) and enjoy the rickshaw ride on busy roads of ChandniChowk. Also drive past Old Fort
- The next half day will be reserved for visit to New Delhi. Start with QutubMinar, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Delhi, The QutubMinar is constructed with red sandstone and marble, and is the tallest minaret in India, with a height of 72.5 meters. It contains 379 stairs and the base diameter is 14.3 meters and it narrows to 2.7 meters at the last storey. Your next stop will be Humayun’s Tomb. During the drive you will pass Connaught place, India gate, RastrapatiBhawan (President’s House) and some other important building.
Day 3: Delhi – Agra (04 hours by road)
- Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel.
- Today you will be driven to city of Taj “Agra”. The drive will be for approx. 4 hours. You can enjoy the midway breaks in between to click some rare countryside photographs.
- Upon arrival in Agra, proceed for check-in at your hotel and relax for a while. You will enjoy the lunch at your hotel.
- Post lunch you will proceed for sightseeing tour of Agra city. First you will visit Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The fort can be more accurately described as a walled city. After the First Battle of Panipat, in 1526 Mughal captured the fort and a vast treasure – which included a diamond (Koh-I-Noor), was seized.
- Later you will be taken to MehtabBagh from where you will get the best glimpse of Tajmahal to click the best posed Taj Mahal.
Day 4: Agra –Jaipur via FatehpurSikri (06 hours by road)
- Early in the morning proceed for sunrise visit to TajMahal. In the midway you will find Tonga (horse carriage) to take you from the nearest parking to Tajmahal Gates. The book, stories or any other source cannot define the Tajmahal in words; you will experience the same with the first rays of sun and will fall in love with monument which is the symbol of love.
- Post visit return back to your hotel for check-out and enjoy the breakfast. Post breakfast start your drive to Jaipur, enroute you will visit Fatehpur Sikri constructed by Sikriwal Rajput Rajas, the last Emperor MaharanaSangram Singh at the beginning in 1500 AD. At Seventh attack of Akbar Sikriwal Rajput left Palace after that Sikrigarh was named Fateh(victory)purSikri.
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel and rest after a long drive. In the evening you can stroll in the old bazaars (markets) of pink city Jaipur.
Day 5: Jaipur (local sightseieng tour)
- Early in the morning you will be taken to Amber Fort, enroute to which you will enjoy the visit to HawaMahal (Palace on wind). At the entrance gate you will be provided with Elephant, climb as he will ascend and take you to the fort. You will return by foot.
- Post Amber Fort visit, you will be taken to visit City Palace, which includes the Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal palaces and other buildings. It was the seat of the Maharaja of Jaipur, the head of the Kachwaha Rajput clan. The Chandra Mahal palace now houses a museum but the greatest part of it is still a royal residence.
- Post visit you will be taken to local restaurant where you will be served with mouth watering Rajasthani Cuisine.
- You will also visit Observatory (JantarMantar) and Birla Temple. If time permits, you can also enjoy the local bazaars (markets) in which you will find all shops painted in pink color.
Day 6: Jaipur – Delhi (06 hours by road)
- Post breakfast you will be driven to Delhi.
- On arrival if time permits you can proceed for some last minute shopping.
- Later you will be transferred to international airport to board your flight back home.