SOUTHERN TO NORTHERN-2- Attractive charm of Vietnam
SOUTHERN TO NORTHERN-2: Attractive charm of Vietnam
8 nights & 9 days
Important: Flight to arrive at Hochiminh city (Saigon) & depart from Hanoi capital
Day 1: Saigon arrival – Saigon city tour
- Arrive in Saigon. Greeted at the airport and transferred to hotel in the city centre (check in time from 2pm onward).
- Afternoon, visit The Reunification Palace: This is one of the most important buildings in the city; War Remnants Museum: Formerly known as the Museum of American War Crimes, this is a poignant display of the futility of war; Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office: Built between 1877 and 1883 this is one of the best examples of classical French colonial architecture.
- Ben Thanh Market: This bustling market is very popular with tourists, primarily due to its central location. It has a wide selection of goods ranging from fake Nike shoes to beautiful silk Ao Dais.
- Dinner at Indian restaurant & Overnight in Saigon.
Day 2: Mekong Delta (B)
- Drive to My Tho, known as the “bigger rice basket” in Vietnam.
- Upon arrival Cruising through Mekong River, passing a fishing villages.
- Visiting some small islets as Turtle, Dragon, Phoenix Island, under a green canopy of water coconut trees. Walking through some villages to a fruit garden. Taste tropical fruits, while having live traditional music. Have honey tea. Short rowing boat ride. Back to Saigon city.
- Overnight in Hochiminh city.
Day 3: Cu Chi Tunnel – Flight to Hue (B)
- Morning, we will drive overland to Cu Chi Tunnels, an incredible underground network constructed by Vietnamese guerrillas to protect the region against the American attacks during the Vietnam War. We can even crawl a part inside the tunnel, visit their infirmary, kitchen to discover how people had survived hereby.
- Back to Hochiminh city and take flight to Hue (1 hours by flight)
- overnight in Hue.
Day 4: Hue city tour (B)
- Today, you will visit one of the most famous historical city of Vietnam with ancient palaces & mausoleums. The first places are Imperial Citadel of Hue; then King Tu Duc’s tomb (Tu Duc is a king but also a poet, so his mausoleum is a poet garden), King Minh Mang tomb (typical formal oriental style designed), and Thien Mu pagoda.
- Overnight in Hue.
Day 5: Hue - Da Nang - Hoi An (B)
- The car will drive you to Hoi An town, which is about 120 km from Hue. You will travel through Hai Van pass, and Lang Co beach – one of the most beautiful beaches of Vietnam.
- Passing Danang, the car will stop for the visit to Marble Mountain.
- Arrive to Hoian town, you will walk to visit ancient tiny town Hoi An. The visit includes Japanese covered bridge, some Chinese Assembly Halls, and some typical Vietnamese houses of 18 century.
- Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 6: Hoi An – Flight to Hanoi - Hanoi city tour (B)
- Morning, take flight to Hanoi (1 hours by flight).
- Pick up & transfer to hotel (check in time 2 pm on ward)
- Afternoon, we do Hanoi city tour to Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, His House on Stilt, One Pillar Pagoda, outside photo Parliament house; President Palace; then visit Tran Quoc pagoda, Literature temple; Hoan Kiem lake & Walk around in Old quarter streets.
- Overnight in hotel in Hanoi.
Day 7: Hanoi - Ha Long bay – World Heritage (B/L/D)
- We pick you up from your hotel for 3.5 hour driving North East; the bus ride will take you over the Red River and through the country side of our second biggest delta to reach Halong Bay.
- You would be first dropped off at the harbor of Halong’s embark on cruise, welcome drinks & check in your room.
- Your lunch, at the boat’s restaurant, is would be served with fresh local seafood, but vegetable menu is always available at your request.
- From the marina area, our cruiser passes by Dog Head and Swan Islands, Ba Hang Floating villages (with floating houses), Incense Burner then Thumb Islands before reaching Surprising (Sung Sot) Cave. At around 15h00, our boat will be anchored for a short tender ride from the middle of the bay to an island for your visit to famous Sung Sot Cave. As the sun sets over the bay, we head back to our cruise and relax. Coffee, tea and fruits will be available on the sundeck or you can order your favorite drink from our bar.
- Dinner would be served with typically local seafood, you are then free to either drink or experience squid fishing before heading to your bed.
Day 8: Ha Long Bay - Hanoi (B/Brunch)
- You would love to rise a bit early for a breath taking, the stunning vista of the serene bay is always best experience of staying overnight on boat.
- We serve you buffet breakfast from 7h30, then we have time to gear up to visit around Luom Bo area (provincial border between Quang Ninh province and Cat Ba National Park of Hai Phong). On the cruising way back, we cruise on a different way so that you can see new areas and viewing islands from a different side.
- At around 10h00, we arrange a cooking demonstration on boat to show you how to make real Vietnamese spring rolls, just before lunch time: you will learn recipes and techniques that go into the most popular dish of the Vietnamese food. Lunch would be served on boat when you are close to the harbor.
- Disembark at 11.00 am & Our bus is already waiting for you at the marina to take you back to Hanoi, we leave Halong Bay and reach to Hanoi around 15h30.
- Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 9: Hanoi - Departure (B)
- Free time for shopping before transfer to Noi Bai airport for departure.
Note: Cruise program may be difference between cruises
End of Tour
Visa to Vietnam – Fees & Formalities
We can arrange your visa in two ways:
- Visa received at the Vietnamese Embassies abroad
- Visa received on arrival.
Visa-on-arrival (VOA) is the most comfortable way to obtain Vietnam visa without wasting time:
- Step 1: Get Visa Approval Letter in advance (Altour Indochina do this service)
- Step 2: Take Visa stamp at airport: US$ 25/person – Single entry – 1 month (all nationalities)
(Tourists pay directly to immigration department at arrival airport)
Visa Approval Letter service charge (Single entry – 1 month):
- For passport holders from urope, America, Australia, New Zealand – US$ 05/person
- For passport holders from: India – US$ 08/person
- For passport holders from: Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Middle East – US$ 80/person
- For passport holder from North Africa & South Africa, South America, Sri Lanka – US$ 40/person
- For passport holders from: Africa – US$ 150/person
Service of receiving Visa Fast track:
- 01 person: US$ 20/person
- Below 5 people: US$ 10/person
- From 5 to 10 people: US$ 7/person
- Above 10 people: US$ 6/person