THE COASTAL LINE OF KERALA
Highlights of tour
✔ Laze on the beach and rejuvenate yourself
✔ Ride the Kettuvalam “Houseboat” on backwaters of Kerala
✔ Explore the Fort area in Cochin
✔ Witness the Kathakali dance performance – A world famous form of dance
✔ Enjoy the nature at Wayand – Vythiri resort wrapped in the lush embrace of a tropical rainforest
✔ Visit the historic Bekal Fort
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 1: Arrive in Trivandrum (International flight)
- Today you will arrive at Trivandrum’s International Airport. Following customs, immigration formalities and baggage collection, you will be met and transferred to Varkala beach (approx.. 60 kms / 02 hours).
- Upon arrival at the hotel, proceed for check-in at your room.
- Varkala is a perfect place for you to relax down after a long flight and the only place in southern Kerala where cliffs are found adjacent to the Arabian Sea.
Day 2: Varkala
- The day will be at leisure to laze around the beach or you may also like to try the different Keralan Ayurvedic therapies at your hotel/resort.
Day 3: Varkala – Alleppey (2 ½ hours by road)
- Enjoy the breakfast at the hotel and rest of the morning is at leisure.
- Later today you be driven to Alleppey boat jetty (approx.. 120 kms / 2 ½ hours) to embark your houseboat which will sail down gently on the backwaters of Kerala. All meals will be served onboard.
- The backwaters are a chain of brackish lagoons and lakes lying parallel to the Arabian Sea coast. The network includes five large lakes linked by canals, both manmade and natural, fed by 38 rivers, and extending virtually half the length of Kerala state.
Day 4: Alleppey – Cochin (1 ½ to 2 hours by road)
- Breakfast is onboard the houseboat.
- Later goodbye your crew members and disembark at Alleppey boat jetty from where you will be driven to Cochin (approx.. 60 kms / 1 ½ hours).
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel and after quick wash / change; enjoy the city tour of Cochin.
- Drive to Mattancherry and visit the oldest Jewish Synagogue (Closed on Fridays Saturdays & All the Jewish holidays) in India, built in 1568; it was destroyed by the Portuguese and rebuilt by the Dutch a century later. You will also visit The Dutch Palace which was built in 1555 and its coronation hall and murals at Ramayana are noteworthy features. Your next stop will be St. Francis Church, originally named after Santo Antonio and dedicated to him as the Patron Saint of Portugal, St. Francis Church is the first church to have been in the new European influenced tradition.
- In the evening enjoy the Kathakali dance show programme. You will witness the most elaborate of the dance forms in southern India. Here you will witness the artists readying themselves up with the make up for the final performance.
Day 5: Cochin – Wayand (5 hours by road)
- Today post breakfast you will be driven to Wayanad. On arrival proceed for check-in at your resort. Vythiri resort is wrapped in the lush embrace of a tropical rainforest; you will dwell in perfect harmony with nature, pristine and waiting to be explored. Allow yourself to be seduced by the orchestration of delicate, subtle sounds accompanying nature’s theatre. Quietly elegant and exclusive, the Vythri Resort is a state of mind with breathtaking vistas.
- The day will be at leisure for independent activities.
Day 6: In Wayand (Vythiri Resort)
- The Day will be free for you to explore the area or you can also participate in different activities.
- The area is ideal for trekking, to visit a village of indigenous tribals who still follow an ancient way of life, to go on plantation tours nearby, take part in Yoga and meditation sessions or visit the many other attractions like Pookot Lake, Thirunelli Temple or Soojipara Waterfalls.
** A stay at Tree House can also be arranged at Vythiri resort. Incase if you are interested, please speak to your consultant **
Day 7: Wayand – Bekal (3 ½ hours by road)
- Enjoy your breakfast in the lap of nature.
- Later you will be driven further north from Wayanad to Bekal. Upon arrival proceed for check-in at hotel.
- Later proceed for visit to giant keyhole shaped fort, the golden expanse of a beautiful beach surrounding the fort. The historic Bekal Fort offers a superb view of the Arabian Sea from its tall observation towers, which were occupied by huge cannons, couple of centuries ago.
Day 8: In Bekal
- The day will be at leisure for you to relax and reenergize yourself before flying back to your home.
Day 9: Bekal – Mangalore (2 hours by road) & Mangalore – Mumbai (Domestic flight)
- Enjoy the early breakfast at your hotel and transfer to Managlore airport to connect short flight for Mumbai.
- n arrival meet at airport and proceed for an orientation tour of Mumbai.
- The city tour of Mumbai includes visits to Marine Drive, Chowpatty Beach, Malabar Hill, Hanging Gardens, Dhobi Ghat, the Towers of Silence, Mahalakshmi Temple, the Tomb of Haji Ali and Mani Bhavan. The tour will also include a visit to interesting Prince of Wales museum (closed on Mondays).
- Later you will be transferred to a local restaurant for dinner. Post dinner, you will be transferred to international airport to connect your flight back home.
Day 10: Depart Mumbai by early morning flight
*** An extension tour for 2 nights and 3 days of Aurangabad from Mumbai can be arranged for Ajanta and Ellora caves. Please speak to your consultant for the best offers ***