THE EMPIRE OF VIJAYANAGAR
Highlights of tour
✔ Visit charming minarets – Charminar & Golkunda Fort
✔ Golgumbaz mausoleum
✔ Visit to Aihole & Pattadakal
✔ Temples at Hampi- World Heritage site
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 01: Arrive Hyderabad (International flight)
- You will arrive today at Hyderabad international Airport.
- Following customs, immigration formalities and baggage collection, our representative will meet you as you EXIT the arrival terminal building after which you would be transferred to your hotel.
Day 02: Hyderabad
- After breakfast proceed for half day city tour.
- The sightseeing tour will begin with visit to Salarjung Museum; it is one of the single largest one-man collections of the world. It is well known throughout India for its prized collections belonging to different civilizations dating back to the 1st century.
- The next stop would be Hyderabad’s most famous charming minarets – Charminar. The city is often identified with the majestic Charminar, which stands at the center of the old city in its entire splendor amidst the colorful shops of Lad Bazaar with its glittering traditional bangles. Often called “The Arc de Triomphe” of the East” and finally the tour ends with visit to Golkonda, a ruined city of south-central India and capital of ancient Kingdom of Golkonda is situated 11 km west of Hyderabad.
Day 03: Hyderabad – Gulbarga (04 hours by road)
- Enjoy the breakfast and you will be driven further to Gulbarga (approx.. 230 kms / 04 hours). On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- Later enjoy the visit to Raja Gulchand Fort, built in 1347. The Gulbarga fort is one of the finest examples of the ancient Islamic architecture in Karnataka. The fort was originally built by Raja Gulchand. As Gulbarga gained prominence as the Bahmani capital, the fort was fortified by Alauddin Bahmani with a deep moat and massive walls. The other sites Jumma Majisd, Khwaza Bande Nawaz Dargah and Shrine of Sharana Basaveshwara will also be visited during the sightseeing tour.
Day 04: Gulbarga – Bijapur (03 hours by road)
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Bijapur (approx.. 170 kms / 03 hours). On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- After quick wash and change proceed for sightseeing tour of Bijapur visiting the Gol Gumbaz, This gigantic mausoleum of Mohammed Adil Shah has to its credit the second largest dome in the world after that of St. Peter’s in Vatican City. It also has a whispering gallery where a message carries through 38 meters repeating 11 times. Continue your drive to visit Ibrahim Roza, quite at the other end of the stylistic spectrum from the Gol Gumbaz. This graceful monument is the tomb of Ibrahim Adil Shah and his family.
Day 05: Bijapur – Badami (02 ½ hours by road)
- Enjoy the breakfast at your hotel.
- Later you will be driven to Badami (approx.. 123 kms / 2 ½ hours). On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- Later proceed for excursion to Aihole & Pattadakal. Our first stop will be Aihole (50 Kms / 01.30 hours). Famous as the “Cradle of Indian Architecture”, Aihole has over a hundred temples scattered around the village. Continue to visit This place is an art historians dream. It has a set of nine temples built almost in a single file, showing the architects’ desire for experimenting in various styles. Pattadakal represents the culmination of early Chalykyan art.
- After sightseeing drive back to Badami (30 Kms / 45 min).
Day 06: Badami – Hospet (03 hours by road)
- In the morning after breakfast enjoy the brief tour of Badami visiting Agasthya Lake temples, Cave Temples and Badami Museum.
- The next stop of your trip would be Hospet where you stay for 02 nights. The drive from Badami to Hospet will be of approx.. 140 kms and can be covered in 3 hours.On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel. The remainder of the day will be at leisure to relax or stroll in local area.
Day 07: Hospet – Hampi – Hospet
- After early breakfast, you will proceed for a full day excursion to Hampi, a World heritage centre is the most beautiful and evocative of all the ruins in Karnataka. The erstwhile Capital of the Vijayanagar Kingdom, Hampi is full of delightful surprises. Like the King’s Balance where the King was weighed against grain, gold or money which was then distributed to the poor. The Queen’s Bath with its arched corridors, projecting balconies and lotus shaped fountains that once sprouted perfumed water. The two storeyed Lotus Mahal with recessed archways, the huge elephant stables, the splendid Vithala Temple with its musical pillars and the stone chariot. The Virupaksha Temple, still used for worship, Ugra Narasimha the 6.7 m tall monolith, the Pushkarini Tank, the Mahanavmi Dibba. The once-powerful Vijayanagar Empire was compared to the Roman Empire by a Portuguese traveler.
- After sightseeing drive back to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 08: Hospet
- After breakfast at the hotel, you will enjoy the visit to Vijayanagar, referred to as the Kingdom of Bisnagar by the Portuguese, and was an empire based in South India, in the Deccan Plateau region. It was established in 1336 by Harihara I and his brother Bukka Raya I of Sangama Dynasty. The empire rose to prominence as a culmination of attempts by the southern powers to ward off Islamic invasions by the end of the 13th century.
- Post visit return back to Hospet and remainder of the day will be at leisure.
Day 09: Hospet – Kurnool (04 ½ hours by road)
- Today you will leave for Kurnool (approx.. 225 kms / 4 ½ hours). On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- Later enjoy the visit to Kondareddy Buruz, Fort Konda Reddy Buruju, there is a bastion named Konda Reddy fort, constructed as a strategic watch tower by the rulers of the Vijayanagara Empire. Underneath lies a passage (tunnel) which connects the fort to Gadwal which is 52 km away. The tour also includes the visit to Yellamma Temples, Jama Masjid and Ahobilam temple.
Day 10: Kurnool – Hyderabad (04 hours by road)
- Enjoy the breakfast at the hotel and remainder of the morning will be at leisure.
- Later today you will be driven back to Hyderabad (approx.. 215 kms / 04 hours) from where you will connect the international flight for back home.
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel and enjoy the evening exploring local bazaar or old Hyderabad tasting the nawabi cuisine to satisfy your taste buds.
Day 11: Departure Hyderabad (International flight)
- Today post breakfast you will be transferred to airport to board the flight for back home