THE LEGACY OF KARNATAKA
Highlights of tour
✔ Explore the ancient temples of South India
✔ Beach visit in Mahabalipuram
✔ Cooking demo and dinner at Chettinad (Karaikudi)
✔ Visit to famous Meenkashi temple in Madurai
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 1: Arrive Bengaluru (International flight)
- You will arrive at Bengaluru’s International Airport. Following customs, immigration formalities and baggage collection, our representative will meet you as you EXIT the ARRIVAL TERMINAL building after which you would be transferred to your hotel.
- Later after quick wash and change proceed for half day sightseeing tour of Bangalore city.
- Your tour of the garden city will begin with a visit to Lalbagh – the botanical garden spread over 240 acres and having a wide variety of exotic trees and plants. You will than visit The Vidhan Soudha- that houses the State Legislative assembly and part of the secretariat, and Tipu Sultan’s Palace-, which was constructed between 1781- 1791 and was once the summer residence of Tipu Sultan. Finally you will visit the Bull Temple – believed to have been constructed in the 16th century, has been carved out of a single granite block.
Day 2: Bengaluru – Mysore (3 to 4 hours by road)
- Today post breakfast you will be driven to Mysore (approx.. 150 kms / 3 ½ hours) enroute stopping at Srirangapatna, The town takes its name from the celebrated Ranganathaswamy temple which dominates the town, making Srirangapatna one of the most important Vaishnavite centers of pilgrimage in south India.
- After visit continue your drive to Mysore and on arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- In the evening you would be driven to the outskirt of the city to see the illuminated Brindavan Gardens which is one of the best gardens in South India. Spread over 150 acres, Brindavan Gardens has since the 1960s provided the backdrop for many Indian films.
Day 3: Mysore – Chikmagalur (4 hours by road)
- The breakfast will be served at your hotel. Later proceed for visit to Maharaja’s Palace, at the heart of the city. It is a veritable treasure trove of exquisite carvings and works of art from the world over. Built in Indo-Saracenic style with domes, turrets, arches and colonnades, the Palace is a treasure house of exquisite carvings and works of art from all over the world.
- Later you will be driven to Chikmagalur (approx.. 190 kms / 04 hours) enroute stopping at Sravanabelagola, a great center for Jain culture and is famous for its colossal statue of Gomateshwara who is also referred to as Lord Bahubali.
- Continue your drive to Chikagalur and on arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 4: Chikmagalur – Belur – Halebid – Chikmagalur
- After breakfast leave for a full day sightseeing tour of Belur & Halebid. The Hoysala who ruled southern parts of Karnataka from the 11th to the 14th century have built more than 150 temples, each a masterpiece of creation and the temples of Belur, Halebid and Somanatha-pura are the pinnacle of this exuberant activity.
- Return to your hotel after the sightseeing tour and overnight stay.
Day 5: Chikmagalur – Hospet (6 to 6 ½ hours by road)
- Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel.
- Today you will leave for a long drive to Hospet (approx.. 355 kms / 7 hours). On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel and relax after long drive
Day 6: Hospet – Hampi – Hospet (full day excursion)
- After early breakfast, you will proceed for a full day excursion to Hampi, a World heritage centre is the most beautiful and evocative of all the ruins in Karnataka.
- The erstwhile Capital of the Vijayanagar Kingdom, Hampi is full of delightful surprises. Like the King’s Balance where the King was weighed against grain, gold or money which was then distributed to the poor. The Queen’s Bath with its arched corridors, projecting balconies and lotus shaped fountains that once sprouted perfumed water. The two storeyed Lotus Mahal with recessed archways, the huge elephant stables, the splendid Vithala Temple with its musical pillars and the stone chariot. The Virupaksha Temple, still used for worship, Ugra Narasimha the 6.7 m tall monolith, the Pushkarini Tank, the Mahanavmi Dibba. The once-powerful Vijayanagar Empire was compared to the Roman Empire by a Portuguese traveler.
- After sightseeing drive back to your hotel for an overnight stay
Day 7: Hospet – Bengaluru (6 to 7 hours by road)
Departure Bengaluru (International flight)
- Today you will depart for Bengaluru by surface.
- Arrive and check-in at your hotel for wash, change and dinner
- Later transfer to airport to connect your international flight back to home (Mid night today or early morning the following day – You can keep the room till your departure).