THE PEACEFUL SIKKIM
Highlights of tour
✔ Belur Math & Dakshineshwar Kali Temple
✔ Glenburg Tea Estate
✔ Changu Lake & Rumtake Monastery
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 01: Arrive Kolkata (By International flight)
- You will arrive today at Kolkata international Airport. After clearing immigration and other formalities at the airport you will be met by our representative at arrival hall terminal where you will find many people paging for their guests. Out of them you will find our representative holding a placard with your name written on it. He will assist and escort you to your vehicle.
- Post warm welcome, you will be transferred to your hotel, where our representative will complete all check-in formalities and handover the room keys to you.
- The rest of day will be at leisure for independent activities / overcome Jetlag.
Day 02: Kolkata
- Post breakfast proceed for full day city tour.
- Visit to Flower Market, drive pass Howrah Bridge and proceed for an excursion to Belur Math and Dakshineshwar Kali Temple. On your way back to Kolkata visit College Street Book Market, Indian Coffee House and Kumhartoli.
Day 03: Kolkata – Bagdogra (By Domestic Flight)
- Post breakfast you will be transferred to airport to board the flight for Bagdogra (It will be a short non-stop flight of 01 hour approximately).
- On arrival meet at airport and transferred to Glenburn Tea Estate (approx. 85 kms / 2 ½ hours). Glenburn is a heavenly little plantation retreat that lies on a hillock above the banks of the River Rungeet, high in the Himalayas, overlooked by the mighty Kanchenjunga mountain range.
- The day will be at leisure for independent activities.
Day 04 & 05: Glenburn Tea Estate
- Both Days will be at leisure to relax and rejuvenate at your Estate. Enjoy the walks nearby and witness the natural beauty at its best.
Day 06: Glenburn Tea estate – Kalimpon (01 ½ hrs one way by road)
- Enjoy the breakfast at your Estate.
- Later you will be driven further to Kalimpong (approx. 35 kms / 1 to 1 ½ hours).
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel. After quick wash and change proceed for visit to Thongsa Gompa followed by visit to Zong Dog Palri Fo Brang Gompa, which is on the Durpin hill & is famous for the Tibetan wall paintings. It also has a religious debating society along with a school of Tibetan medicine.
Day 07: Kalimpong – Gangtok (02 hrs by road)
- Enjoy the breakfast at your hotel.
- Later you will be driven further to Gangtok (approx.. 75 kms / 02 hours). Gangtok is cleanest cities you would ever come across, highly organized and beautifully maintained it the Switzerland of the east.
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel. Later in the afternoon you will be taken to Institute of Tibetology, Do Drul Chorten and Rumtek Monastery for visits.
Day 08: Gangtok
- Post breakfast you will be taken to Tsomgo Lake or also called as Changu Lake which is a glacial lake. It is approx.. 40 kms away from Gangtok.
- Return back and continue your sightseeing. The next you will visit will be Rumtek Monastery.
- Rest of the day will be at leisure to enjoy the local area.
Day 09: Gangtok – Bagdogra airport (02 ½ hrs by road)
- Today post breakfast you will be transferred to Bagdogra airport (approx.. 125 kms / 2 ½ hours).
- On arrival board the short flight for Kolkata.
- Arrive Kolkata and transfer to your hotel. The evening will be at leisure or an additional sightseeing tour can also be arranged (optional).
DAY 10: Departure Kolkata (By International Flight)
- Today post breakfast you will be transferred to airport to board the flight for back home