THE UNEXPLORED KUMAON REGION
Highlights of tour
✔ Ride like local in Delhi
✔ Famous Aarti ceremony at Har-Ki-Pauri
✔ Enjoy game drive at Jim Corbett National Park
✔ Soft trek, relax and witness the natural beauty of Kumaon Hills
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 1: Arrive in Delhi (International flight)
- You will arrive at the Capital city of India “Delhi”. After clearing immigration and other formalities at the airport you will be met by our representative at arrival hall terminal where you will find many people paging for their guests. Out of them you will find our representative holding a placard with your name written on it. He will assist and escort you to your vehicle.
- Post warm welcome, you will be transferred to your hotel, where our representative will complete all check-in formalities and handover the room keys to you.
- The rest of day will be at leisure for independent activities / overcome Jetlag.
Day 2: In Delhi (Local sightseeing tour)
- Breakfast will be served at your hotel.
- Explore Old Delhi in the first half of the day. The sightseeing tour will begin with visit to Emperors. Later proceed for visit to The Jama Masjid (mosque) and enjoy the rickshaw ride on busy roads of Chandni Chowk. Also drive past Old Fort
- The next half day will be reserved for visit to New Delhi. Start with Qutub Minar, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Delhi, The Qutub Minar is constructed with red sandstone and marble, and is the tallest minaret in India, with a height of 72.5 meters. It contains 379 stairs and the base diameter is 14.3 meters and it narrows to 2.7 meters at the last storey. Your next stop will be Humayun’s Tomb. During the drive, you will pass Connaught place, India gate, Rastrapati Bhawan (President’s House) and some other important building.
Day 03: Delhi – Rishikesh (05 hours by road)
- Today you will be driven from Delhi to Rishikesh by surface (235 kms / 05 hours). On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel.
- Later enjoy the half day sightseeing tour of Haridwar visiting different temples.
- In the evening enjoy the famous Aarti ceremony at Har-Ki-Pauri. Post ceremony, return back to your hotel in Rishikesh.
Day 04: Rishikesh
- Morning enjoy the sightseeing tour of Rishikesh visiting Ashram and other attractions like Laksham Jhula.
- Rest of the day will be at leisure for independent activities or explore the local area to witness the daily spirituals performed by locals.
Day 05: Rishikesh – Jim Corbett (03 hours by road)
- Today after breakfast you will be driven to Jim Corbett national park (approx.. 140 kms / 03 hours). The next two days you will witness the wildlife at its best in the natural habitat.
- On arrival proceed for check-in at your resort and relax remainder of the day.
Day 06: Jim Corbett National Park
- Today early morning and late afternoon, enjoy the game drives to National park.
- Corbett National Park has captured the attention of many with its varied wildlife and breathtaking landscapes. The natural uniqueness of the area was recognized long ago and so in 1936 Corbett attained the distinction as the first national park to be established in mainland Asia.
- The most famous of Corbett’s wild residents are the Bengal Tiger and the Asiatic Elephant, but with about 600 species of avifauna Corbett is one of the richest bird regions of India.
Day 07: Jim Corbett – Nainital (03 hours by road)
- Early morning you may opt for another game drive (optional).
- Later post breakfast, you will be driven to Nainital (approx.. 145 kms / 03 hours).
- Nainital is a glittering jewel in the Himalayan necklace, blessed with scenic natural splendor and varied natural resources. Dotted with lakes, Nainital has earned the epithet of ‘ Lake District ‘ of India. The most prominent of the lakes is Naini lake ringed by hills.
- The place is beautiful and perfect for relaxation and witness the natural beauty.
- Rest of the day will be at leisure for independent activities.
Day 08: Nainital
- The day will be at leisure to stroll on the mall road or explore the local area and enjoy the scenic beauty.
- You may also be interested to ride a boat in Naini lake.
Day 09: Nainital – Almora (02 hours by road)
- Today you will drive further to Almora which is located at the distance of approx.. 70 kms and can be covered in 02 hours.
- On arrival check-in at your hotel / bungalow.
- Enjoy the local village around filled with natural beauty by foot. You will have an opportunity of interact with local villagers and about their day to day routine.
Day 10: Almora – 360° Leti (04 hours by road)
- Today you will be driven to Bageshwar district (approx.. 04 hours), where you will be staying at 360° Leti for next 3 days. The property is not directly accessible by road and from nearest road you will have to walk for about an hour which takes you through a dramatic, beautiful mountain trail.
- On arrival check-in at your room
- The evening will be at leisure to enjoy the property.
Day 11: 360° Leti
- Enjoy a soft walk of about an hour and a half from your campsite to reach a shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva. There are magnificent views of the Ramganga Valley, Heeramani Glacier and Nanda Kot from this shrine.
- The walk is on a relatively level path surrounded by oak forests, passing by streams and a traditional flourmill. En route the walk, you will come across local people taking supplies to and from the furthest villages in the valley, giving you an insight into the tough lifestyle in the mountains.
- Enjoy some drinks and cookies or a picnic lunch at this beautiful location and walk back to the camp by late afternoon.
Day 12: 360° Leti
- Today you will proceed for a steep walk up from the campsite, through a narrow path or “pag dandi” brings you to a flat piece of pastureland.
- The views of the mountain peaks from here are majestic and include Nanda Devi (7816m or 25,623ft), the highest mountain within India’s borders.
- A picnic lunch here can be arranged on request for you or you may be like to return to the campsite for lunch. This is also a fantastic spot for watching a magnificent sunrise if you leave early from the resort.
Day 13: 360° Leti – Kathgodam (07 hours by road) & Kathgodam – Delhi (overnight train)
- Enjoy the breakfast at resort.
- Later you will walk back to nearest road head to get transferred to Kathgodam (7 hours), enroute stopping at Almora for lunch.
- On arrival board the overnight train for Delhi at 2040 hrs.
Day 14: Arrive Delhi (Overnight train)
- Today you will arrive old Delhi railway station and transferred to international airport to board the flight for back home.
- An overnight stay can be arranged depending upon your flight timings.