TRIANGLE OF EAST
Highlights of tour
✔ Belur Math & Dakshineshwar Kali Temple
✔ Famous Kalinga war site “Dhauli”
✔ Pipli Village known for its folk character and vitality
✔ Konark Sun Temple
✔ Best price guaranteed
Day 01: Arrive Kolkata (By International flight)
- You will arrive today at Kolkata international Airport. After clearing immigration and other formalities at the airport you will be met by our representative at arrival hall terminal where you will find many people paging for their guests. Out of them you will find our representative holding a placard with your name written on it. He will assist and escort you to your vehicle.
- Post warm welcome, you will be transferred to your hotel, where our representative will complete all check-in formalities and handover the room keys to you.
- The rest of day will be at leisure for independent activities / overcome Jetlag
Day 02: Kolkata
- After breakfast proceed for full day city tour.
- Visit to Flower Market, drive pass Howrah Bridge and proceed for an excursion to Belur Math, Dakshineshwar Kali Temple. On your way back to Kolkata visit College Street Book Market, Indian Coffee House and Kumhartoli.
Day 03: Kolkata – Bhubaneswar (By Domestic flight)
- Enjoy the breakfast at the hotel and later you will be transferred to airport to board the short flight for Bhubaneswar.
- Upon arrival, you will be driven to Puri (approx.. 65 kms / 02 hours). Enroute visit the famous Dhauli, is the site of the bloody battle of Kalinga, won by the Mauryan Emperor Ashoka in 3rd century BC. Though he conquered, but the horrors of having slain over 150,000 people and the misery it inflicted on the people filled Ashoka with remorse and brought about a sudden change of heart. He gave up his ambition of dig-vijaya (military conquest) in favour of dharma-vijay (spiritual conquest). Continue your drive and stopping in between at Pipli Village to witness Appliqué work, The brilliant appliqué work of Pipli Village is known for its folk character and vitality. With an artist’s eye, the Pipli tailors deftly stitch motifs of elephants, peacocks and flowers on a cloth background, to form harmonious and colourful patterns.
- Later continue your drive to Puri. Upon arrival proceed for check-in at the hotel.
Day 04: Puri
- Post breakfast, you will be driven to famous Chilka Lake, largest brackish water lake in Asia spreading over 1200 sq-kms and famous for its migratory birds and Irawady Dolphins. On the lake you will see the migratory birds, & local fishermen’s.
- Later drive back to Puri for an overnight stay.
Day 05: Puri
- Post breakfast proceed for sightseeing tour. Visit the different famous and ancient temples. First you will visit The Loknath Temple famous for the worship of Lord Shiva. One of the myths regarding this temple is that Lord Ram had himself established this lingam with a Pumpkin or lauka. It was built during the10th and 11th century A.D. Next follows is The Jameswara Temple which also belongs to the same age. The Sightseeing in Puri also includes the visit to Daksinakali Temple, The Jagannath Temple which is one of the most celebrated temples not only of this place, but also throughout India. Constructed as early as in the 12th century by Raja Ananta Varman Chodaganga Dev, the wooden images of Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra are a marvel to watch. The Govardhana Math in Puri is also known as the Bhogo Vardhan Math. It was established by Adi Sankaracharya in the 9th century.
- The Sightseeing in Puri cannot be completed without the Puri Beach. Beautiful to watch, you can just relax and enjoy the ever beckoning sea and can even fall into a romantic trance. The evening will spent here till the sunset
Day 06: Puri – Konark – Bhubaneswar (01 hour one way)
- Today post breakfast you will be first driven to Konark (35 kms / 01 hour). Upon arrival proceed for visit to The Sun Temple with its fantastic loneliness on the wind swept sand dunes of the Bay of Bengal fringed with palm and casurina plantations is a breadth taking monument. Fashioned in the form of a chariot, drawn by seven spirited horses, the temple is profusely sculptured with exquisite figures and figurines fired by an astonishing energy trapped on stone. It is a stunning master piece of the 13th century Kalingan style of art and is one of the unrivalled technical marvels that the age has produced.
- Later continue your drive back to Bhubaneswar (approx.. 65 kms / 02 hours). On arrival proceed for check-in at your hotel and remainder of the day will be at leisure for independent activities.
Day 07: Bhubaneswar – Kolkata (By Domestic Flight)
- Enjoy the breakfast and proceed for visit of Bhubaneswar, the Capital city of the modern State and the ancient kingdom of Kalinga. Bhubaneswar is known as the Temple City of India. Among the finest of its 600 temples is the Lingaraj Temple of Shiva built in the 11th century, it is also the biggest in Bhubaneswar. Please Note Foreigners (Non Hindus) are not allowed inside the inner sanctum of the temple.
- During sightseeing you will visit the Mukteswara temple built in the 10th century and known for its stone and arch at the entrance and is richly sculpted. The Rajarani Temple set in picturesque surrounding is noted for its intricate carvings of floral, animal and human figures. It is built in the 11th century and has no deity. Parasurameswar temple a small but richly decorated shrine of Shiva built in the 7th century. It is one of the best preserved. It has sculptures featuring amorous couples, animals and floral motifs.
- Later you will be transferred to airport to board the short flight for Kolkata. On arrival meet at airport and transferred to your hotel.
Day 08: Departure Kolkata (By International flight)
- Today post breakfast you will be transferred to airport to board the flight for back home.